Guide for selling your town
For those of you who don't know, with the new welcome amiibo update when rebuilding your town, nook can appear if your town tree is level 3 or above and offer to buy your town from you. This is great for those who want to start fresh but don't want to lose everything. I've decided to write a small guide now that I have actually restarted and sold my town fo people who are worried or just want to know what you keep and what you don't keep. This is a full comprehensive guide on the process and what to expect, however, there are always questions to be asked so feel free and i'll update this.
The dialogue you will see from Isabelle
Your first set of dialogue regardless if you can or can't sell your town will be:
Continue > Mayor > I need help first... > Re-build the town > This is what I want.
The next set of dialogue changes depending on if you can or cannot sell your town. If you CAN'T sell your town isabelle will say:
"OK, just so you don't do anything you'll regret later, I'm going to confirm this one last time... Are you absolutely POSITIVELY sure you want to delete your town? It can't be undone!"
At this point, you should stop if you intend to sell your town. This dialogue means nook WILL NOT buy your town and she ends here. You should adhere to the tips below on how to get him to appear.
If you CAN sell your town, isabelle will say:
"OK. I have one last question for you... Once (Town) is deleted, are you interested in becoming mayor of a new town right away? Or were you thinking of taking a break from the village for a while?"
Do NOT say 'I want to take a break' this WILL delete your town and you will get no option of recovery/soft resetting from this point. If you want Nook to appear, you must answer:
"I want a new town!"
After this, Nook appears and offers his evaluation, see the tips below for more information.
What does carry over (100% Fact tested)
- Optional, your item catalogue.
- All your public work projects.
- Your money evaluation from nook. (lump sum or daily wage)
What doesn't carry over (100% Fact tested)
- Your villagers.
- Your emotions.
- Your town layout.
- Your house size.
- Your unlocked shops.
- Your badges/achievements.
- Your inventory/locker/personal storage items.
- Your character's appearance.
- Nook only appears if your town tree is level 3 or above (20 days/20 hours), some speculate it's 50 hours/50 days.
- Nook offers an evaluation which totals the worth of your town, this most likely includes, shops unlocked, number of trees/bushes/flowers, public work projects, money in your ABD and how old your town is.
- Nook also offers to buy your item catalog for you for an additional amount.
- You can carry your entire item catalog over instead of selling it.
- After viewing the evaluation, you can still decline and power off and your town will still be there.
- Upon accepting to sell, nook offers either to give you a lump sum into your ABD or you can get daily payments split into 100 days. The latter gives you 10% interest so you end up with more money after 100 days is up.
- Your ABD money DOES count towards the evaluation.
- An example: I had a town aged 1 year and 6 months, had 5 million in my ABD and nook offered 24 million for the town, 2 million for the item catalog and an extra 2 million due to the 10% option.
- After accepting to sell and agreeing to the payment, you go through the normal train scene with rover. Once you get up to the map layout, you CAN still soft reset if you want a different layout and your old town will still be there. You just have to go through the whole cut scene with nook again.
- You DO carry over all your public work projects.
- - - Post Merge - - -
Not really sure why the headings are massive lol I set the font size in the code to 14