Controlling where villagers can go issues

For discussing animal crossing new horizons, news, updates and exchange friend requests.
Slaphappy
Bells: Bells 50
Switch Code: 474642974497

Controlling where villagers can go issues

Post by Slaphappy »

My goal was to isolate all my villagers in their respective houses. This was after failing to simply trap them by building fences around them as they would eventually appear elsewhere on the island. 

I was hoping that if I walled in all the houses with just enough room for them to walk outside and the only small entrance blocked with a gate. Thinking they would respawn in their houses and be trapped. However every day some villagers are in houses and others wandering outside, different ones every day.

So my question is, is there any formula for where your villagers can spawn. It seems they can teleport if trapped but I’m trying to figure out how much space they need to not feel “trapped” and what if anything governs where they can spawn after teleporting. And lastly if this teleporting/respawning is only triggered when a villager feels “trapped” or is happening all the time at game restarts or time etc. 

Lio Fotia
Bells: Bells 30

Re: Controlling where villagers can go issues

Post by Lio Fotia »

Sadly they will spawn randomly at times. I had a villager that would trigger me (I'm phobically afraid of clowns and you can guess who) and I tried to keep him regulated away from myself and such, but he would still spawn occasionally.

AC Bookworm
Bells: Bells 1 120

Re: Controlling where villagers can go issues

Post by AC Bookworm »

Lio wrote:
01 Jan 1970, 00:38
Sadly they will spawn randomly at times. I had a villager that would trigger me (I'm phobically afraid of clowns and you can guess who) and I tried to keep him regulated away from myself and such, but he would still spawn occasionally.

I’m guessing Pietro?… anyway, yesterday my dad trapped Tammy (who’s, according to my dad, “next to go”) in his turnip garden. She was still there, after 2 mystery islands (we were searching for a new villager, and first we got Leopold, then Diana, and we took her, and she should be at my island today), but I feel like she probably escaped… possibly because of Octavian… (hey, he was right there when it happened. I’d say he would be considered a suspect)
Thankyou and have a CROSSTACULAR day!
🍭💝 Anyway, sincerely, AC Bookworm
::) :) xD